Checklist for visiting a JP
- Phone the Justice of the Peace for an appointment.
- Explain what you need to be completed – some documents can take more time than you expect.
- Do not sign any of your documents before you meet the Justice.
- Bring your own pen (black or blue ink)
- Take some form of photo identification, in case it is needed.
- If your documents are from another country, check that a New Zealand Justice of the Peace can complete them for you.
We can help you
- Do you want copies certified? Read more
- Verifying your Identity? Read more
- Is it a Statutory Declaration? Read more
- Is it an Affidavit? Read more
- Will the Justice witness your signature? Read more
- Is it a marriage dissolution (divorce) document? Read more
- Is it a document from another country? Read more
We offer a “drop-in” Justice of the Peace service at 20 convenient centres across the Waikato region.
You can call in to see a Justice without an appointment.
Depending on the number of clients, there may be a short wait.
Service Centres are closed on public holidays.